Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Are you made of clay?

Ok people!  We are counting down now, only 14 more sleeps til we begin our adventure!  God continues to do miracles with our finances in paying for our trip.  We received a call last week, from a great couple wanting to know how much we still needed for our trip.  We told them, and they DOUBLED it!!!  I am continually surprised at the creativity of God- just when you think you can guess what he's going to do next, or how He'll do it, something else completely different and new comes up!  I love it.  I am so thankful and blessed, and can't wait to see what He has in store on this trip..because He obviously wants us to go!  :D


I have been thinking lately of the journey we've been on, where the Lord has brought us, what we've come out of, what we've left behind and what we're still learning. 
The danger in becoming confident in one area of our faith-walk, is that we may think that we've ARRIVED.  That we have figured out, learned all that we need.  Amazing.  BUT....
I think the Lord teaches us where we're at, and once we've learned some great truth, HE BRINGS ALONG A NEW LESSON. 
And then we have a choice.  We can either learn the lesson, gain more truth and understanding and move on, or we can refuse to be teachable, malleable, and stop in our tracks. "Thanks anyway, Lord, but i'm good right here."  The only thing is, the Lord will keep bringing the lesson until we've learned it! Hmmmm....
I am thrilled that i have finally learned and ABSORBED some great truth. My eyes have been opened, i have seen the light!  :) I feel as though I have achieved something great, an understanding that previously eluded me. But I also know that with that truth comes responsibility to live out what I've learned,  to model it to those around me.  Will i be known as a person  of great faith, a woman after God's own heart?  How will people remember me, describe me?  I have no idea, but I bet it'll have something to do with the lessons i've learned, and how I've dealt with the process.

I'm learning to enjoy the process.  That the distance from planting the dream to it's reality requires a journey.

To plan less and rely on the Lord more.

I am learning that I cannot do even one day in my own strength without failing in some way.  That the armor of God is essential for success.

I am learning to fully trust the Lord. REALLY trust.  I have also learned that in order to do that, I'll be put in situations where I have no other choice. (yikes!) :)

I am understanding how to be built up as I wait, strengthened in my faith and not weakened by fear and doubt.

What a ride!  Not fun at times, not often easy, but oh, SO GOOD. 
I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Every day, one more piece of the puzzle put into place, and comfort in knowing Who created the final picture.
Be blessed, be teachable,
One day at a time,
Darcie.

1 comment:

  1. since writing this this afternoon, another call came in and the rest of our trip is paid for! :D

    ReplyDelete