Friday, January 13, 2012

travel so far

wow...that about sums it up.  independent travel is not difficult (until the exhaustion starts to slow brain cells) but it certainly is quiet and a little lonely.  i am currently in the Mumbai airport awaiting my final flight in a few hours!
I have managed to only make minor mistakes and am thankful for helpful people!  a little creepy that all the helpful ones here carry guns,  but at least they can be trusted to keep me safe!
one of my biggest obstacles so far was how to get out of my seat by the window over the 2 sleeping men in the seats beside me! i contemplated standing on arm rests, but ended up waking one up and stepping over both.  not my most graceful moment, but i had to go!  lol
lots of hot curry even in the airplane food!  the weather was 24C when we landed at 1 am, very humid even in the airport. Everyone speaks english, thankfully, although it is very soft-spoken!  What!?!? either i'm getting old or all this flying is affecting my hearing!
i find it interesting how we tend to label people.  When you think of what someone from India looks like, a very distinct picture likely comes to mind.  it really comes down to, people are people wherever you go!  i'm sure the picture will change when I'm in the village, but for now, it's been a good experience and erased a few stereotypes I previously had.  Looking forward to a good sleep tonight, and the beginning of team training tomorrow!! )
cheers for now,
Darcie.

No comments:

Post a Comment