Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cancer and missing dogs

what an unfaithful blogger i've been!  not even sure if people notice or not, but oh well!
It's been a rough few weeks here in the Voorhees house.  My uncle was diagnosed with cancer in his liver.  They're doing a biopsy tomorrow and then surgery i imagine? The same day i found out about him, my best friend emailed me with the news that she has breast cancer (at 31) and will be having a double mastectomy (which happened today).  We lost one of our new pups who we believe has been "adopted" by some random person with no conscience....what else?
a LOT of praying going on in this house, i can TELL you! 
did i mention that this is all leading up to 3 weeks of fasting and prayer, and a special "church explosion" weekend we're having??  the enemy is working overtime on me, i think.  there must be some GOOD stuff coming up that he doesn't want to happen!
would you pray for my friend?  Her name is Eleanor.  She's married, has a little baby boy.  She is young, vibrant, beautiful and strong.  I cannot imagine her recovery, treatment and "new normal" that awaits her..but prayer will lift her up!
My uncle is not optimistic with his prognosis, although nobody's told him not to be. Please pray for his spirit, his will to fight.  Pray that the Lord would be made real to him.


I sat down tonight to sing at my piano, and the song "Healer" came to mind.  I COULD NOT SING IT, only cry and play.  It is just too hard for me today. 
These are the words:

You hold my every moment
You calm my raging seas
You walk with me through fire
You heal all my disease

I trust in You
yes i trust in You

I believe you're my healer
I believe You are all i need
I believe you're my portion
I believe you're more than enough for me
Jesus you're all i need

Nothing is impossible for you
You hold my world in your hands


This song is easy to sing when you have a sore back, or are trying to get over a cold.  It is simple to sing when you know that IF anything went wrong, he WOULD be your healer.  But when it's all staring you right in the face??  I ask myself...is Jesus really all i need?  Can i truthfully say that He is my portion?
YES. I . CAN.
Because no matter what, no matter what i do or don't understand, no matter who is being healed and who is still sick, the lyrics are true. 
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOU
and
YOU HOLD MY WORLD IN YOUR HANDS.
and i wouldn't have it any other way.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Darcie, praying with you and for you through this time :) ~ hannah g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I didn't see this until this evening but know that I am praying for Eleanor and Dave. The enemy is angry as there are great kingdom things going on all around the world. Keep believing that yes, He is your portion! I will add you to my prayers also. Keep strong my sister!

    Mary Triller

    ReplyDelete