Friday, January 7, 2011

When I grow up...

When I was five, i wanted to be a policeman like my dad. 
When i was eight, i wanted to be a teacher like my mom. 
At 12, a veterinarian.
At 16 a paramedic.
At 17, all I wanted to do was finish high school, do a few years of college, get married and have a family.  Dreams, dreams and more dreams! 
And my family dreams came true!  Exceedingly abundantly more...
And now, I don't know what I want to be, what I want to do, or what God may have in store.
But I know who I am!
I am Mom to four amazing kids who bless me every day.

I am Wife to my wonderful husband of over 10 years.
I am the keeper of my home, teacher of my children, friend to many lovely ladies. 
I am a daughter of the King, a dreamer of dreams.
I dream of music...
I dream of teaching...
I dream of travelling...
I dream of impacting lives for Christ...
I love to dream big.
I would love to know what the future has in store, to be able to dream THAT big.
I would love to know what I will be when i grow up.
But I don't know. 
What i do know, is ...
The One who gives me dreams.
God, who created me with specific purposes in mind, the One who knows my every thought.
I can walk in any direction and He will guide me onto His path. 
He has it all planned out.
And it will be more than I could ever have asked for or imagined!
(Eph. 3:20)
Still walking,
Still dreaming,
Pushing forward,
Pressing in,
No dream is too big!
One day at a time,
Darcie.

No comments:

Post a Comment