Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fully Convinced

"[Abraham] did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform."
Romans 4:20-21
I cannot get these verses out of my head! There is such a profound truth here, that it bears stopping for a look.
I think that when we are waiting on God for something, the longer the wait, the tendency is to become weary in faith, discouraged, wanting to give up. But here's the thing: He's either God, or he's not. He's either going to do what he said, or he won't. Are you FULLY CONVINCED?? Are you convinced that He is able to do what He promised??
I had a realization this week: God is only incapable because I make Him so. In my finite mind, i determine what God can/can't do, what He is/isn't capable of. I box Him up into what i can imagine, and leave my expectations there. And I believe that I limit God in my unbelief! How much more would He do if we were FULLY CONVINCED??
We wonder why our lives are so different spiritually than those in Bible times. Where are our signs and wonders? Where are our miracles? I think that those people were fully convinced. They knew even by saying, "the sky's the limit", they were limiting God! He is not bound by human thought. We cannot even comprehend the word LIMITLESS. Just think about that word for a moment.
And yet, He IS! He is the Great I AM. Limitless. Incomprehensible.
There is no reason to waver, falter, or fade. Simply believe- be fully convinced- that God is who He says he is. And with that little mustard seed of faith, He can move mountains!
Ukraine update: at this point we have just about half of what we need to pay by wednesday. In 3 days we need to pay for the on-the-ground expenses of our trip, after getting a 3 week extention. We are believing!! Then it's time to save for the airfare....
I am FULLY CONVINCED!
One day at a time,
Darcie.

2 comments:

  1. blessings, on your family. Chasing after the light and leaving the shadows of doubt behind is exhilarating. Faith is a blast; wear your seat-belt and other things too. [Clifford]

    ReplyDelete