Thursday, August 5, 2010

LORD, give me Strength!

"I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength." Phil. 4:13
You know, i usually read the verse like this.."I can do ALL THINGS through Christ.."
I can DO IT ALL!! I can DO it ALL. I can DO ALL THINGS because i have Christ... ????
UMMM.... do you see what is wrong with this picture?
Every SINGLE time i try and try and try in my own strength, all i do is exhaust myself and FAIL.
For some reason i think that i am superwoman, able to accomplish great feats simply because i serve a great God!
Weeellll.....
I think i need to learn how to read a little bit better.
I can do all things THROUGH CHRIST who GIVES me strength.
Not my strength, but His.
Not my ability, but His.
Not my worry, but His concern.
Not my failure, but His VICTORY!
Our own strength can only take us so far, and THEN what?? How can I teach others to rely on Christ if i continually strive to DO in my own strength?
God didn't put us here so we could figure it out on our own, we need to learn to lean on HIM.
"Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light. "
Matt. 11:28-30
One day at a time,
Darcie.

1 comment:

  1. As soon as i read this post, a song came to mind. I had entirey forgotten this song I wrote years ago!Thanks for the memory gog. The chorus goes like this:

    When I am weak, then I am strong
    In the darkness night, He gives a song
    The glory's His, no flesh can boast
    his power flows where needed most.

    ReplyDelete