Thursday, July 29, 2010

Time to lighten up!

Ok, so this post is not so super-spiritual. That may disappoint my 3 faithful followers, :) , but you must know, it's time to lighten up.
The sad truth of being an adult is we forget how to PLAY. Our lives are filled with worries, concerns, responsibilities, stresses and duties. And it's as if we think that to let go of all of those, even for one moment, would cause life as we know it to end. HMMM???
I am so thankful that i have a great friend who will listen to me rant, complain, and vent the "uglies" as she calls them. And i am just as thankful that she doesn't leave me in that place. In fact, she won't leave me until she's SURE i have a smile on my face and a plan to leave all the ugly behind.
And you know what? It is AMAZING to me that i can be hurt, wronged, etc., and my CHOICE to forgive and walk forward BREAKS OFF the hold that those feelings have on me! It's my decision to stay mad, frustrated, hurt, or... to not. To simply drop it, focus on what i love instead of what drives me insane, and to have some fun in the process!!!

So, go ahead. Give yourself permission to laugh! Have fun! Drop what you're doing, take off the "adult suit" and play a little. Go ahead.. I DARE YOU! :D

"She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future."
Prov. 31:25.

If the Proverbs 31 woman can take time to laugh, i think we can allow ourselves to indulge a little bit too!
One day at a time,
Darcie.

No comments:

Post a Comment